Monday, August 3, 2009

Ariana Isabelle Stoyas
7 lbs. 10 oz. and 19 3/4 inches
Born at 3:55pm at Inova Fairfax Hospital


After being admitted to the hospital on Tuesday evening, with preparations for a Wednesday morning induction scheduled, we were anxiously anticipating the birth of our little one. I began having contractions at about 3:00am which woke me up and I was pretty much up until 6:00am waiting for the pytocin to be administered. I was one centimeter dilated at 6:00am. I received an epidural about 2 hours later and then went from 2-8 centimeters dilated in a few hours time. I began pushing at 3:15 and she was born at 3:55pm! Pete was an awesome labor coach and helped to make sure that my labor went as requested. We had relaxing music playing and besides myself, Pete, a nurse and the doctor, the room was quiet and peaceful with very little talking between contractions. Just what I wanted the atmosphere to be like when Ariana arrived! Here is her proud papa immediately after her birth. Pretty much love at first sight. Pete is so done. . . Ariana will get anything she wants from her daddy. He adores her!

















Everyone was surprised by how beautiful her skin was. Must take after my mom's side of the family there! She really was pretty as a newborn, if I do say so myself :-). Since I pushed her out, I figure I get some bragging rights - LOL!

Our first night in the hospital was exciting and we could not get enough of her, but we were also so exhausted. She was given a bath by the amazing nursing staff and we had her in our room for most of the night. Letting her go out of eyesight was tough to do, even for a second. I don't think we slept much . . .

We were in the hospital for a couple of days before taking her home. I bought this outfit below for her to wear home and although it was a little big on her, she still looked so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment